Counselor Academic & Student-led Transition Team
RHS is dedicated to making military dependent students feel welcome and have all the support they need. Upon arrival:
1. A counselor will be assigned to the student who will evaluate their academic history and determine class enrollment.
2. A JROTC transition team member will meet with the student, family, and counselor.
3. A JROTC transition team member will give student a tour of the campus..
4. The counselor or a transition team member will check in with student weekly for the first few weeks to answer questions and help them find community.
Military Interstate Compact- MIC3
The Council of State Governments (CSG), in cooperation with the US Department of Defense, drafted this Interstate Compact to address some of the educational challenges transitioning children of military families face. The Compact addresses key educational transition issues encountered by military families including enrollment, placement, attendance, eligibility and graduation. In addition, the Compact provides for a detailed governance structure at both the state and national levels with built-in enforcement and compliance mechanisms.
Rankin County School District Handbook:
Special Education Services
Information about special education services:
Exceptional Family Member Program
Free Tutoring Services through the Department of Defense
- For U.S. Military & their families
- online tutoring
- homework help 24/7